Below we just breifly explain what our terms and conditions are, and why we have them in place. If there are any concerns regarding these, please don't hesitate to contact us.
1. A 30% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking, with the remaining balance to be paid in full 6 weeks prior to the event date.
This ensures the date is yours, and we won't overbook so we can do our best work.
This fee also covers any time liaising with the client prior to booking.
2. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of flavour, size or style of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
This ensures that we have enough time to get everything sorted for your order. It saves us leaving anything to the last minute, and making sure everything is set for the Wedding.
3. Cakes require a sturdy table, and an optimal room temperature of 23ºC or below. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s).
This is your responsibility to communicate with the venue. We will deliver the cake 1.5-2 hours prior to the ceremony start time, so the cake can be put straight on display and not have to be moved by venue staff.
4. We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup has been completed.
Once the cake is set up, a photo will be taken. After this, Cakes& holds no responsibility to the cake being moved or the table/room not being suitable.
5. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
This makes you aware that even though we (or your florist) will do our best to clean the flowers, some insects or residue may still fall from the flower. Each stem inserted into the cake will be prepared properly with either floral tape, food grade 'safety seal' or toothpicks.
6. If you elect to pick up and set up the cake, you are assuming all responsibility for the condition of the cake.
Once the cake has left our possession we no longer hold responsibility for the cake.
It is up to you to transport the cake correctly on a flat surface, and keep refrigerated.
7. On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
All photographs taken by us of our products may be used in any way we see fit.
8. Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
Despite our best efforts in catering to dietaries, foods may have come into contact with allergens.
9. Any multiple tiered cakes will contain a minimum of 4 wooden dowels (and potentially a large centre dowel). Please be aware to ensure these, and any other structural supports are removed.
These non-edible items are for support purposes only, and must be removed prior to serving the cake.
10. If your event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, with more than 7 days notice, a full refund, minus the deposit amount may be issued, or a credit given the the entire value of the order (minus any custom topper amounts etc)
We understand that unforeseen circumstances happen, and we will work our best with you to ensure the best outcome.
11. If less than 7 days notice is given, we will be unable to issue a refund, as part or all of the order would be prepared.
12. Venue change